Craft Certificate in Business Management
INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
The course is intended to equip the trainee with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable him/her to perform clerical duties in an organization. A graduate of this course will be able to work in a salaried or self – employment. To achieve this, units such as entrepreneurship, communication skills, information and communication technology has been included.
The craft certificate in business management is packaged in two modules namely:
- Craft certificate in business management module I
- Craft certificate in business management Module II
By the end of each sub – module unit, a list of suggested Teaching/learning Resources, Activities as well as Evaluation Methods, have been included. The list is however not exhaustive and the trainer is encouraged to use other resources as shall be deemed appropriate. The course is concerned with the application of Business Management principles, solving financial and business related problems, including concepts of environmental dynamism and its influences on business activities.
General Objectives of the Course
By the end of the course, the trainee should be able to:
- Appreciate the roles played by different departments in an organization
- Appreciate the use of tools of analysis in decision-making in an organization
- Communicate effectively with the stakeholders in day today business activities.
- Apply business management principles in an organization.
- Understand the legal aspects in the operation of an organization
- Demonstrate knowledge on emerging trends and issues in business management
- Appreciate self-employment as an alternative to salaried employment
A trainee entering this course should have any of the following minimum requirements:
- Passed Kenya Certificate f Secondary Education (KCSE) with an average grade of D plain and must have attained a minimum of grade D in Mathematics and English
- Equivalent qualification as determined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC)
n order to qualify for the award of the craft certificate in business management the candidate must pass all the modules of the course Result of the examinations as a whole will be issued in five classes and for individuals papers will be in eight grades. Each candidates will receive records of performing, giving the results in terms of class and grades.